1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

What happened at Reverie?

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Monkey D. Ruffy, Sep 19, 2019.

1. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I dont think they fought Blackbeard since they are shorthanded. Their commanders were not there and kuma, one of the most underrated character, is one of the strongest characters is captured.

In reverie, its still not clear what happened. But their only mission there is to rescue kuma. It may seem that RA is not a big deal to you,but for everyone in One Piece, they are a big deal. Most wanted man dragon and hes known by almost all pirates.

2. Monkey D. Ruffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

He is a big deal to me. That’s why I’m so disappointed right now.

3. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Dont be disappointed. Just wait for their time to shine.

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Hahahaha...completely my mistake. I'm tagging the first person person that autopopulates when I type "@Za". The same thing kept happening with Marco (there was an inactive account with just "marco" that I kept tagging instead). So definitely no hard feelings. I'm terrible with names of all people in real life too...

As for the topic, so we are in agreement that the assassination attempt being on a Tenryuubito makes sense right? I do have a slightly different take on the "declaration of war". The entire rescue Kuma mission was meant to be as stealthily as possible. Just like any recon mission, a small force is used to minimize detection. They only wanted to rescue Kuma and make the declaration (and GTFO before taking any losses to key members). Something happened to Sabo, so something went very wrong with their plan. Sabo getting mad at a Tenryuubito and trying to assassinate them makes sense.

As for the Shichibukai, the Marines immediately sent out large forces to presumably all of them. They do view them as a threat which is why they are trying to capture them before defensive/elusive measures can be made.
    Yup, I gotta agree that Blackbeard is going to get his time to shine (towards the very end of the series). He is Luffy's nemesis. He has always been at least one step ahead of Luffy (other than physically getting to Jaya, which isn't part of his Pirate King plan anyway). I've seen the steady build up of Blackbeard to become Luffy's rival (he's essentially anti-Luffy in many ways). Just like the cliche, best for last, the Blackbeard war should exceed the action of even Wano Kuni since we have essentially 10 top tier fighters on Blackbeard's side right now.

Monkey D. Ruffy likes this.
  5. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Yeah...but on RA meeting In ivankov island they were serious when they say we will declare war to celestial dragons. What is better way to declare it than attacking or killing one of them.

Also I think you didn't understand. They remove shichibukai status right? when yonkos find about that they could feel treaten as well because WG protect them (wont attack them because of their power) and then they go crazy and we have full on power war. Everyone against everyone. Yonkos vs WG vs Pirates without yonko status/Shichibukai

6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Because starting a fight without the guns to fight back is stupid. The 4 RA execs that went are not only outgunned by the admirals, but they are also outnumbered (powerhouse marines and powerhouse royal guards). Starting the war at Reverie means they jeopardize the ability to get out safely. Starting the war contradicts the recon mission that the Kuma rescue plan was supposed to be. This completely matches Sabo's (and the rest of ASL) hot headed nature.

I'm not disagreeing on the results of abolishing the Shichibukai system. It is 100% necessary for Luffy's eventual overthrow of the Government. It seems like we only disagree on what the strategic course of action the RA planned to do (vs. what actually happened, which is the case in every arc with Luffy, Ace, and Sabo).

Monkey D. Ruffy and ZakNik like this.
  7. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

You dont start war by kidnapping someone...RA did so many things like that in past and still WG couldnt do aynthing about it but if you attack something that need to be protected at any cost or kill it(talking about CD) of course WG wont have any other choice but to start a war with them. Real war. Not chasing them around.

8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Maybe this is where the Japanese culture makes it different (pretty sure this is universal to some extent for all royals/rich/high ranking people in any culture but most cultures don't have almost a separate language for honorifics), but the exaggerated honorifics that goes with being "respectful" to those of higher rank is probably key. Being disrespectful to a Tenryuubito is an "act of war". Being in their presence is grounds for them to shoot someone. Luffy/Sabo saying "I'm gonna whoop your @**!" is all that's needed to start the war. I mention Luffy since I'm hoping Luffy is the one to start the war (beat down of Charlos v.2).

Monkey D. Ruffy and ZakNik like this.
  9. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

I think whole OP community cheering for luffy beating carlos v2

10. BooSheyt

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

There was a speculation that one of the strawhats will die. Ever since Alabasta Arc, Vivi has always been a part of StrawHat Pirate. So I guess something bad happened to Vivi, not to King Cobra as he is ill and dying. Also, Vivi has been targeted by Im-sama.

11. sadk1d

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Do you think BB saving Sabo so that Dragon will owe him one? Just like what Kaidou owes Bigmom?

12. Jester

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

I've completely different take and even probably the most silly one, but oh well :D

I think somehow that real brother/cousin of Sabo was killed, killed by either RA or Sabo himself, or Someone with close affiliation with SH.

Sabo was probably caught/framed after that for that crime, it would serve as decent excuse to go out on full fledged war between RA and WG using that excuse and imo that brother character looked tailor made for something like that.

It is also possible that Cobra was killed, but then again Ima-sama would likely resort to imprisoning him to get to Vivi and not get him assassinated. That would only send things in more absurd directions.

Just my 2c, mostly over the top 2c's of jester :D

13. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Nah Dragon doesn't work with pirates. He wouldn't give a damn about BB saving Sabo.