1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

What type of PK Luffy will be?

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by KKG, May 7, 2018.

?

What type of PK Luffy will be?

1. Strongest Pirate

25.0%
  2. Find One Piece first

68.8%
  3. Same destiny as Gol D Roger

43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Base your choice on Oda's development of the story

2. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy mentions that being the Pirate King means that you have the most freedom in the world, and that’s what he wants most. I don’t think he cares for power, wealth, or holding a grudge against anyone.

3. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Shanks was telling Rayleigh about a boy from east blue who was saying the Roger's words.And also when Rayleigh himself saw Luffy, he really convinced about that and just smiled.I can say for some reasons Luffy has something that relates him with Roger and we just know nothing about that.
    At the same if I remember Rayleigh and also Nekomamushi and Inumamushi was saying that it's possible for the straw hats to reach something different than what we reached.
    So I'm not sure about these two possibilities.But still I'm sure about that Luffy doesn't care about the power.He didn't want his fleet or any of those pirates to serve under his command.So I can say the first option is completely wrong.Not sure about those two though.

4. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He will the PK with the most freedom in the world.

5. Grin

The luckiest egg in the world
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Taking Gear 2nd and the poison cure from Impel Down into account, a dead one.

6. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I actually think the second choice will win,but you have a point here.
    And when you said time skip ruinned everything,i would shake your hand,my friend.
    It was a great observation.

7. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Your question is referring to how Luffy will turn out after he becomes the pirate king.So the second option doesn't really fit in since finding one piece is what makes someone the pirate king.He can't be the pirate king and not find one piece,so the second option is always true if we assume Luffy will be the pirate king.

Now,as for your question,Luffy has certainly paid attention to strength before,but be never connected the concept of power with being the pirate king.He has been interested in power only because he wants to protects his friends.So in Luffy's mind,being and pirate king and being strong are two entirely separate concepts.And considering his track record,it'll probably barely be enough by the end,to justify him being the pirate king and highly unlikely that he'll end up as the strongest.It's certainly impressive for someone with his abilities to reach even that level but objectively speaking,he'll most likely not end up as the strongest.On the other hand,Luffy has been introduced as the one who shares Roger's ideals,character,dreams and even abilities.So,I don't think it'll be exactly the same,but in my opinion Luffy will end up realizing a destiny similar to Roger's.

KKG likes this.
  8. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

i can tell from watching one piece both manga and anime, everything that related to luffy boost does decrease he's lifespan
    gear 2/ ivankov hormon etc forgot its name / gear 4 they all effect he's body
    and from the moment he will find one piece and the truth of history he's gonna fall same as roger

but i dunno, i think law gonna help him with that immortal surgery maybe

KKG likes this.
  9. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I would like him to stay with you in your island,but that won't happen,only i like Luffy x Hancock shipping.

10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I think ya'll underestimating Oda. Luffy will accomplish all of the above on his path to become the Pirate King. It will be a complete journey with all the major events mentioned (as well as probably something unexpected).

Juggy and GoldenVenus like this.
  11. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't expect that much,my friend,animes with this size has never been done before.
    It would be very difficult to do the best ending.
    Some ending that could be good for every fans...
    Not possible.

12. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that Roger was the strongest either when it comes to physical abilities. He was strong yes, and he became the pirate king, but not necessarily the strongest. Maybe he was just like Luffy. WHo knows right? WHich is why people like them are considered even more amazing, cos they don't simply rely on physical strength to get to to where they are.

Yuuzume likes this.
  13. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually thinking of this outcome too. Perhaps Luffy will be the one to accomplish everything that has not been accomplished before. They've been saying about " a person who will one day appear and change the whole world" who else should it be other than Luffy?

14. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah,I agree,hence why I believe that Luffy will end up being a pirate king with a fate similar to Roger's,instead of being the strongest.

GoldenVenus and Storm chaser like this.
  15. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I believe he will most likely end up like like Roger too, and just like Roger, or probably even more, his existence, his deeds, his traces, will become one of the greatest story to be told in history.

But it's really sad though, and I'm not mentally ready to see it.

Yuuzume likes this.
  16. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry,you'll most likely have plenty of time to mentally prepare for it,assuming that One Piece will continue for quite a while.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  17. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's very very true man. I totally agree.

One Piece has been going on for a long time. People have been hyping up the ending for more than 20 years. Each time there comes a crazy theory which makes fans more hyped up, in fact theories played a major role in One Piece becoming what it is now. So I strongly believe that Oda won't be able to come up with an ending that makes all fans startled.

Remember this : There WILL be disappointments with One Piece's ending . But let us just enjoy the story for the time being.

KKG likes this.
  18. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Remember the ultimate ability of Law's Ope Ope no mi ?

Roger could keep up with Whitebeard in a fight. Imagine Whitebeard's strength in his prime. The Marines couldn't capture him, until he surrendered to them. I'm sure he was at that time, one of the strongest, if not the strongest, pirate in the world. Can Luffy keep up with a Yonko in a fight ? I don't think so. So don't compare a Pirate King to a rookie who became an " emperor " thanks to Fake News Morgans.

19. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I saw Whitebeard at Marineford fighting with 70 years old maybe and i can say if his fights with Roger were matched i imagine Roger as strong as him and he didn't have a DF.
    His strenght would be insane and his armament haki was in a high level.
    For me it's not even possible for a human to fight against someone with the most powerfull Paramecia in the world.
    I can say for sure that Gol D Roger and Whitebeard were the most powerfull pirates ever in One Piece world.
    Luffy and Black Beard will take their place in that rivalry but i don't think they can reach the level of at least one of them.
    Black Beard has 2 beast DFs but he is a coward who does things offscene and at easiest way,no match for Whitebeard.
    Luffy tries to fight with everything he can but his DF is a low tier that would make him struggle to use it to the limit leaving him with 2 options,getting the right allies at the right time or die trying to fight against his cruel destiny of being outclassed by all his enemies,i don't believe Roger was like this,and he wasn't caught,he turn himself because he had a decease with no cure.
    In the begginning i could think about Roger being human and becoming that strong until he ended up dead,what could Luffy be with a DF?
    But now that i made a complete analysis of how Oda is progressing the story,i'm sure Luffy even with a DF will never be as strong as Roger was in his prime.
    Luffy would need a more powerfull DF or a crazy boost in strenght and haki just to go toe to toe with the Yonkos.
    To beat them he would need to be a demon or a god.
    2 things will happen:
    He will just find One Piece first and become the Pirate King or he will still find One Piece first but then be executed or die because of his overuse of his life force.
    A hero must be overpowered and become invincible in a world with lots of people who would do anything to prevent him from acomplish his dream,if there is another way it will never convince me.

20. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This. I believe Luffy wont live long after they reach Raftel, due to all the things he has done. He probally will do more in the future as well to make his lifespam shorter.

Tough he will die happy. It's gonna be sad.

Edinbour, Juggy and Yuuzume like this.