1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

When was first mentioned that the devil fruits would reappear after 50 years? Which episode is it?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by daishogun, Jul 29, 2018.

1. daishogun

Expand Collapse

I think I've seen episodes that mention that devil fruit will appear every 50 years after the death of the user. Which episode is it? or in the manga? It really makes me curious. Please help.

2. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

If my memory is correct ( in this state ) i think devil fruits "souls" are given to the nearest fruit after death of the previous user.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

3. Grin

Only hers
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes, just like the 50 year timeskip between Ace's death and his DF resurfacing in Dressroma.

4. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Never.

We have 2 (and maybe 3 with Blackbeard) explicit examples of Devil Fruits surfacing in under that time after the eater's death. The first is like Grin said; Ace's Mera Mera no Mi. He dies and his DF power has returned to another fruit in less than 50 years.

The second is literally the most explicit no-room-for-confusion thing; SMILEY's death and the resurfacing of that Fruit less than a minute later. In this example we literally see almost every single detail you could want to know when it comes to the resurfacing of Devil Fruits. We see that it happens, we see that a nearby normal Fruit turns into a Devil Fruit after the eater dies, we see the process of this transformation, we see the duration of the transformation, and we see how long it takes after the eater's death for the Fruit to begin to transform. You shouldn't need anymore reference than this.

Grin likes this.