1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Which PS4 Game to get (offline only play)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rika24, Mar 29, 2019.

?

Which Game?

1. Jump Force

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. One Piece World Seeker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Spyro Reignited Trilogy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rika24

Expand Collapse

I just got a PS4 and I’m trying to decide on a game. At the moment I can only afford one. Also I do not have internet outside my cell phone’s hotspot so it can’t need internet to set up/play.

So out of these three which do you think is best?

Jump Force
    One Piece World Seeker
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy

2. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I haven't played any of those three but if you want to play other games in the future two of the best ps4 games are The Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn for me (if you like rpgs). Persona 5 is an amazing game as well.

But I guess if I go one of those three I'd get Spyro (because I love that dragon) or World Seeker (because it's an rpg). I wouldn't mind Jump Force either but I heard it got some issues and I also just got One Piece Burning Blood as a fighting game xD

Maybe you have a preference between Jump n Run, RPG and fighting game? Might help with your decision. And if you download from the store you could also see if any of the games are on discount right now because I think Spyro is currently on discount.

3. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#3 KKG, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Every PS4 game should be offline and no more registry and emails.
    If they want to have games online on PS4,playing online should be free.
    Online games are for smartphones or pc.

4. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I strongly disagree with that because it's so much fun to play games together. Yes, it costs money but if you get a year subscription that about 5€ a month which is doable. You also get free games every month and more discounts on games than people who don't have ps+. Yeah, sometimes there are shitty free games like Call of Duty last month but sometimes there's also really good games like Until Dawn, Dead by Daylight, Just Cause 3 or Heavy Rain.

5. Lt. | ArkZ

Balls to the wall, or not at all...
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#5 Lt. | ArkZ, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Bit late, but;

Out of them three; I'd probably say Spyro.

Jump Force is a niche, it's combat is sub-par, and story line is even worse. Animation is laughable, which is ironic in it's own right, but for all the hype it got in regards to mashing the Characters of different stories together, it doesn't really utilize it like it should. If you'd like a good shonen fighting game, then Narutos Ultimate Ninja Storm Series is a blast. Think it might be on offer? Or bundled, at the least. It's true to the story, and is really good as far as retelling goes.

One Piece World Seeker I couldn't comment on, unfortunately, though if it's out, it wouldn't of been for long, so I'd wait for some reviews to come in?

On a separate note, I'd definitely advise the Yakuza series.

Set in Japan, normally Kamurocho Tokyo, it follows the adventures of Kazuma Kiryu as he beats the fuck out of people and plays some disco stomping games, which is hilarious seeing a scowling Yakuza jump around on a neon dance floor.

Yakuza was first released on the PS2 in 2004 or so. However, it got a lot of traction, especially in the West recently. Sega remade the Yakuza series from the first, and they really outdid themselves. One of the few remakes which I think holds up and is miles better than the original. At the moment, they're up to "Kiwami 2", which is the second installment, but they're still remaking the games. There is 7 games total, with the last installment being released only recently.

I'd advise starting with Yakuza 0, the prequel, as it really lets you appreciate the Story and Characters in the following games.

It's Japanese, but as an anime fan I'm going to assume you can get past that. Each game is unique to the story, and with the exception of a few recurring characters, you can easily drift from 1 > 5 or 0 > 2 instantly, skipping the ones in between.

Edit;
    I should preface that with Jumpforce, a lot of its issues may be fixed with a few patches or so, but at its core, its combat won't change, and its story will stay the same. Obviously; you're not online, so I wouldn't touch it unless you really wanted the novelty.

edit 2:
    Yakuza is very story driven. It has a lot of Combat, and mini-games to try, so you're looking at hours upon hours of content.

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Jump Force is a bit of a disappointment if I'm being honest, I wouldn't bother just yet. I haven't played World Seeker but the reviews were pretty mixed, and I know very little about the Spyro series.

I'll second this, I picked up Yakuza 0 for £8 (about $10) during a PS Store sale and it's a great game, the combat is fun and the story (so far, I think I'm on Chapter 5) feels very rich and keeps you interested.

7. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

You have a ps4?

8. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Expand Collapse

Affirmative

9. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know that :dizzy: Can I add you?

10. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Expand Collapse

You can, my PSN name is Maruko_Polo

sweetjacky likes this.