1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Whitebeard and the lurking Legend past revealed OP 909 speculation

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Man Of Theory, Jul 4, 2018.

?

was whitebeard on the rox pirates

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Man Of Theory

Expand Collapse

One piece chapter 909 was an excellent chapter as we got the return of marco, zoro and the other straw hat and the introduction of Wano, but in this chapter we got some detail info from marco that can shed some light into the identity and/or past between the lurking Legend that oda was mentioning and Whitebeard.

In One piece manga 909 marco stated that the
    country that WB was from was so poor that it couldn't pay the celestial dragon taxes so it wasn't part of the WG, because of that the country has to deal with pirates invading and kidnapping women without the navy help,Because of this WB and the other children of this country had to deal with the lost of their parents, and friends.

And because of these tragedies it led to the formation of greatest pirate crew ever seen The ROCKS Pirates

In this Panel in my video we see a young whitebeard and 3 other ophans, i believe the other 3 are shakky, kaido and as we found out from marco in this chapter young miss bakkin, and the one in circle in red is THE LURKING LEGEND that oda mentioned, I believe they all left to form this pirate group to start their lives over but only one person remember their village Whitebeard, That's why whitebeard was always giving back to the village why he wanted his own family after the deaths of his own family.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I too immediately thought of young Whitebeard since the outer hazing is Oda's way to indicate a flashback. However, the context implies that he probably left all of the other orphans (he is a loner initially, but starts to seek out a family as he matures). The description from Marco implies that the only tie to the mystery island is his birthplace alone.

As for Rocks/Locks, it is more of a wishful vote to have separate crews rather than one super team 40 years ago. Even if they were all young, how did Garp manage to take them down if they had EVERY single future powerhouse? Oda is creating a big mystery (that seems unnecessary right now), but how well everything ties together 5ish years from now will be key.

3. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Maybe Garp is really the big deal. Hes on par with roger. Hes surely more powerful than all rocks pirates during his prime

4. Rexraptor

I'm not a Monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

First things First Oda Sensie Is a Genius we all know that,
    and White Beard being on Rocks is somewhat not that easy to swallow since LinLin was also a part of it ... And yes with your Theory we can also go with it they formed a Pirate Group called Rock but to help the poor I don't think they would put that type of name ( Rock Pirates ) into it .
    I'm sorry if I did offend you.

Thank You

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

But that's impossible. We already see how strong Big Mom is as a 5 year old. That would be possible prior to haki being introduced (the invincibility of a logia is the only way). With haki, taking on a group is impossible unless you are in a completely different league than the opponents (Luffy vs. the chess pieces or other homies). It sounds like the Captain alone was a handful, so the entire situation is a mystery that seems unnecessary/irrational if there are too many strong people connected (they should have conquered the New World easily with so many powerhouses).

6. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Well bottomline is Garp was called the hero because he destroyed that crew even with kaidou and big mom there and the mysterious captain just a testament of Garp's strength during his prime. And take note maybe kaidou and big mom arent that too good during that era. But we all know kaidou and big mom arent even mentioned as powerhouses during that era and even roger's era which the powerhouses are roger wb shiki garp and sengoku. No big mom. No kaidou. those 2 yonkous are just pieces of cakes to those powerhouses. thats why we need to oda to do a flashback for prime garp.

7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Powerhouses are all relative. Any Elbaf warrior is a "powerhouse" to the majority of the world (anywhere except the New World and the parts of the Grand Line close to Fishman Island). Big Mom easily takes on Elbaf warriors at 5 years old. She is still lower ranked than the captain of Rocks/Locks, but still a powerhouse compared to a great majority of the world. Prime Garp probably handles her with relative ease in a 1v1, but the scale of power in the New World is where it gets to "manga" levels of ridiculousness.

8. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

Maybe it was internal feud between the powerhouses. And seeing this opening garp went 1 vs 1 with the leader & won.

Whitebeard probably fought kaido & gave him that big scar. Kaido was maybe on the verge of losing the match & perhaps his life. Then big mom saved him . Thus the favour .

That's why probably kaido acknowledges whitebeard 's strength.