1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Who do you think that certain Pirate might be?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Rexraptor, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Rexraptor

Expand Collapse

#1 Rexraptor, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    So my Nakamas after we got to know about Shanks-Sama entering the Marijois we entrusted our agent @Christina Choi to get a bit of information. And we ended up gaining that Shanks-Sama was intending to talk about a certain pirate.

Who do you think that certain Pirate might be?

Note: I know many of us might think it would certainly be Luffy Senpai, but you did refer the previous chapter where some Strange guy heads up the stairs in Marijois if you did observe he was holding 2 Wanted Posters and Hell yeah did one of the posters had the Prestigious Strawhat in it.

So give out your opinions and do respect others opinions.
    Thank You

Attached Files:

Storm chaser likes this.
  2. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Blackbeard would be my guess. Only Gonkou not mentioned in chapter 907. He's likely the only one Shanks takes issue with. Kaidou and Big Mom have been around for a long time; they're relatively complacent and predictable.

Blackbeard is still an unknown and very unpredictable. What I don't know is what exactly Shanks wants from the Elders or why he's accepted to speak to them. Not to mention they trust him enough for the guards to leave.

There's so much on that one page that is driving me crazy. I hope Oda shows the conversation next chapter and doesn't leave us guessing.

No break!

BooSheyt and Behnam like this.
  3. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Big Mom, Kaido and Shanks. And even if we include Luffy, the only Gonkou (As you've mentioned) is BB who isn't appeared at this chapter. Well... it can be a completely set if he was BB whom Shanks was talking. But what if he was talking about:

The lurking legend who is going to appear at Wano ( Maybe Rocks pirates/person are/is going to return)

4. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That would be my #2 choice with Luffy as my #3

The leader of the Rocks is likely no longer a pirate and likely not someone Shanks would be concerned with. Pretty sure Big Mom and Kaidou will be doing battle soon.

5. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Because we have Wano arc after this arc, I guess Shanks was there to somehow warn those elders about this happenings and I think they can understand the consequences of this battle if it happens. Also BB is not somehow really new for the world. If Shanks wanted to warn or talk about BB with Gorosei, he could do it in those years. Though it's still possible that BB's actions in this moment has attracted Shanks' attention to it. But with having Wano arc upon us, and that mention about Samurais in this chapter, I go with the second option.

6. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm kinda thinking it may be Roger on one of the hidden bounty posters

7. blackStar

Expand Collapse

hey guys i just want to ask something.. is it the royal family of alabasta kingdom are celestial dragon..i remember when doflamingo said that alabasta and dressrosa royal family are invite to move to mary goise when the world goverment are made.. this show both of the family are celestial dragon rigth?

8. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well, you see how the World Government regarded Don Quixote Homings after he stepped down, it's probably the same way with the Nefeltari's, except they don't get many consequences because there were no Celestial Dragons to be jerks yet, and no one to be mad at them (that we know of).

9. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Shanks there to talk about:
    - Blackbeard
    - The lurking legend
    - Another pirate, we wither know, or dont know

10. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We will se blackbeard in reverie so just wait. Of course they will talk about BB who else. We can see shanks have that look in his eyes. Scary angry look.

11. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

But why would Shanks talk about the mysterious captain though? He wasn't from that generation, how on earth would he be able to know about the 'rocks'? But well, it could also be one of the crew members making a comeback and did something, and Shanks is aware about it. Who knows. He seems the smartest among the Yonko, and composed, so I think he could be the type to observe every possible trouble among the pirates, gather information, and act as a peacemaker.

I still think it's probably about BB, cos BB can be...unpredictable. No one knows what he's planning. No one knows whether he's just a greedy son of a bubblegum or he has something thoroughly planned because of a certain goal.

But, what if Shanks is going to talk about Weevil??? Lmao.

12. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Personally hoping that Shanks is speaking about Dragon & the Revolutionary Army. (I KNOW, I KNOW...THEY'RE NOT PIRATES & HE'S LIKELY SPEAKING OF BB OR LUFFY).

However, I feel like it'll give us a good twist when Shanks is trying to destroy Luffy's father, brother (Sabo), and friends like Ivankov, Kuma, (indebted for taking care of Sunny), Inazuma (scissor guy), and Robin's friends also.
    - The reason I'm hoping for is that Shanks knows how bad the One Piece World will be thrown off once Celestial Dragons lose power, once One Piece is found, once the void century stuff gets revealed etc etc. (reminds me....Robin could have told Dragon what she knows so far of Void Century as well as Dragon giving Robin some info).

Shanks trying to get rid of Revolutionary Army could finally give Luffy a good reason to fight Shanks seriously because as of right now there isn't any reason to 'beat' or fight Shanks on a life/death scenario.

13. amuitatuseru

Expand Collapse

Now that would be a plot I'd very much enjoy!

14. mysticalflute

Expand Collapse

I think it's Blackbeard. He's one of the huge players we haven't seen since the time skip so God only knows what he's been up to. Shanks has been trying to warn people about Blackbeard's power for years, and this really stinks of Shanks trying to warn Whitebeard about him before Marineford.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Oda introduced the Empty Throne in this chapter. Blackbeard most likely has ambitions of world domination.

15. Rexraptor

Expand Collapse

Well guys according to me it should be someone New since Hina-Chan says...
    Since they lost their captain...
    And here's the thing.... in the image that made me come to that conclusion .XD

Attached Files:

Storm chaser likes this.
  16. DarthPyro

Expand Collapse

I think it is Blackbeard or The lurking legend, I don't think it is another pirate

17. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

I just hope it isn't Luffy. That would be too obvious.

18. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I had mentioned earlier that I wanted the person Shanks is talking about to be Dragon, but now thinking about it I think there's a good reason why it could be Luffy.

Shanks was in Roger's ship and therefore should know all the stories of how Roger became the Pirate King.
    I believe that Shanks is putting all the pieces together and is realizing that Luffy (although weaker than all the Yonko) has the most potential of becoming the Pirate King because of the following:

1- Road Poneglyphs - Not everyone knows about the Red Poneglyphs or their locations....but Shanks does. He knows where all 4 of the Poneglyphs are. With Nekomamushi searching for Marco, there is the possibility that Shanks has learned of this search in which he can conclude that Luffy has been at Zou and obtained Poneglyph #1.

2- WCI - Shanks knows that Big Mom holds a Red Poneglyph & he also knows that Luffy's intention of going to Big Mom's territory has nothing to do with an 'assassination attempt'. I think again Shanks deduction is that Luffy has obtained Poneglyph #2.

3- Robin - As we all know Roger and Roger Pirates were unable to read the Poneglyphs, and the way they were able to 'decipher' the location of Raftel was thru 'hearing' the voice of all things....maybe hearing the poneglyphs?....still kinda iffy scenario...........However, Shanks knows Robin can indeed read all poneglyphs which means that once all 4 poneglyphs are obtained THEN here would come the new Pirate King and with it a GREAT WAR the world has never seen.

4- This one is a more far-fetched assumption. Poneglyph #3 & #4 are held by either 1 & 1 from Shanks & Kaido OR both are held by Shanks & he will hand them over to SHP's on their meeting. I'm going to go with the 2nd option only because it makes more sense to my brain.
    Shanks has mentioned a couple things that make the 2nd option an interesting possibility. Return the mugiwara when you're a 'great' pirate. It's clear that a 'great' pirate is ONLY once Luffy is actually a threat to the Yonkou's, Marines, & WG. Shanks has said recently somewhere among the lines of 'It seems like the 'time' we meet again is coming soon'. (hold this thought)
    Shanks also knows the meaning of Roger's last words to Rayleigh "I will not die", he knows the meaning of the Will of D, he knows the legend and actually story of the void century and the country that stood against the WG. Which, to me, means that he knows (or has a BIG HUNCH) that Luffy is the 'chosen one' to lead the last & ultimate war against the WG. (That was of course the bet he put on his arm)

All that being said, Shanks is also the one that likes to work things out politically and avoid mass destruction & lost of lives (example War of the Best). Therefore he's with the 5 Elders because their political power. Yes, Shanks wants to avoid this last/ultimate war from happening.......he knows that it HAS to happen because of 'x or y' reason, but he is hoping to solve it in a non-violent way by telling the 5 Elders that the new 'D' that will lead the world has arrived (meaning the new Pirate King is here, and that person is Monkey D Luffy)

W@rlock likes this.
  19. TangerineImpz

Expand Collapse

If it's Luffy - I honestly don't know what Shanks would be trying to do/wanting to talk about. I find it highly unlikely he's going there to try and like convince them to un-label Luffy as an Emperor to try and like, protect him... (especially at this point, he believes in letting Luffy prove himself). So, if he is there to talk about Luffy, it likely revolves around something with the Will Of D. Which doesn't seem to make much sense, because everyone has known about Luffy's lineage for years, and why would Shanks to just want to talk about it out of the blue, now? Unless Luffy's swift progress has forced Shanks' hand, in some way, I'm not sure.

It does make sense that he would want to work with the World Government to see a peaceful solution to some conflict, though, so based on what I've read in the above comments, you can't completely block out the Luffy option.

I'm also torn between it being about Black Beard, and this "Lurking Legend". I am more so on the side of this "Lurking Legend" (I'm still not sure about the whole Rocks/Locks thing, because I hear a lot of people saying he might not even actually exist depending on the translation), because I think Black Beard is potentially being saved until after Wano (unless Wano ends up becoming the end-game arc, here). Unless Black Beard has made some kind of progress on finding the One Piece, suddenly, and Shanks is trying to forge some type of alliance, or convincing them to focus their attention elsewhere, I don't think it's him.

20. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

This is assuming the WG see Luffy as an Emperor which doesn't seem the case. Top marine officers just spoke about him with no reverence that they show other emperors.