1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Who is IM-SAMA (Chapter 908+)

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by gboxrkw, Jun 15, 2018.

1. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Hey guys we all saw chapter 908 today, and everyone is shocked and all equally confused about IM-SAMA.
    Who is he and what are his powers etc etc.
    Well we wont know any of these till Oda shows us but as we all know Oda takes references for his characters from various cultures like greek, roman, japanese and many more, so here is where i think Oda took the reference for IM sama.

Amun
    was a major ancient Egyptian deity who appears as a member of the Hermopolitanogdoad. The name Amun (written imn) meant something like "the hidden one" or "invisible.
    As we can see his name is written as IMN similar to IM sama also known as thr hidden one or invisible which directly connects to the IM sama we saw & his looks are also very similar to the IM specially the head gear.
    It is also said that Amun was later merged with god Ra (sun) to form Amun Ra who is considered as the most powerful god.
    Which means IM sama might merge with an anceint weapon most probably uranus which is also rekated to sky or heaven or sun to become the most powerful.

This is just my theory let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think they are quite powerfull already. The elders obey them, and they sit on the throne that only the worlds ruler can sit on.

3. Icecrusher

Calm Wind
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Based on the silhouette and the butterfly scene, Im-sama is a SHE, not a HE. Just my two cents.

4. Rokuōgan

Expand Collapse

#4 Rokuōgan, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    So, he/she must be the "lurking legend" !

5. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

I don't think so, this guy is just something more than legend, he is a god. Well... I don't know if that creature is “he” or “she”.

6. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It always amazes me how quickly people find references to something that's just been revealled. In this case, it's not even a reveal.

7. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

Would be nice to have a powerful she. There is Lack of powerful she characters in one piece.

Villaine likes this.
  8. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perhaps they are related. Mihawk Hawkeyes is a direct descendant and Hakuba a bastard. Hakuba's normal eye are blue. Thats why I say that about Hakuba.

Attached Files:

Red D. Akshith and Villaine like this.
  9. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Im must be someone from the "outside" world.

10. Caligula

Expand Collapse

i really like your theory about im merging with uranus! the mythology matches. if uranus is related to the sky/heaven/sun, i think it's most likely the sun. control of the sun could also expand to the celestial bodies and the planets because the sun gives light to the moons, energy to the planet, etc. in greek mythology uranus also means universe, which would mean whoever has uranus could have control over the literal atmosphere etc.

personally, this evidence seals the deal for me. i keep thinking im-sama is enel, and wanting to deny it. but then i remembered back on skypeia how absolutely pretentious enel is. there is a moment where enel says "this puny piece of earth is nothing, yet you've fought for centuries to control it."

enel.jpg

compared to space & the galaxy, the earth is nothing. then he leaves on an arc to the moon. the celestial dragons (celestial literally means in outer space) could live in space (they wear space clothes) & already have relations with him/access to uranus. the elders are already prepared to accept & worship him as a god.

if the great cleansing = the great flood, it's rather convenient that he has an ARC.

regardless, even if enel is NOT im-sama, i do believe you are right that im & uranus will team up together

Villaine likes this.
  11. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

i have to disagree with you on a mythological level. :grin:

12. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

This is really interesting theory. Though, the silhouette looks like a She, for me.

She might possess the Sun-Sun Fruit. Is it possible? HEHE

AWESOME!!!

Gudu971 likes this.
  13. Mau

Mau
    Expand Collapse

I think its a woman because of this from the previous chapter [see image]
    There's no king but a Queen...maybe

Attached Files:

Villaine likes this.
  14. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Yes these eyes are something, even in many culture they are said to be gods eye, but not yellow color but in blue color, look at the attached image.

Attached Files:

15. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

I dont think the butterfly resembles the gender but creation, whenever there is a reference of a new life or creation a butterfly is shown. I wont say that IM is a man or women but more importantly he/she is the creator. And many culture have a conceot of single creator or Monotheism. You can check about this on wiki.

16. Hypeea

Expand Collapse

#16 Hypeea, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    So I totally agree with you, and with some researches (wikipedia only xD) I can give you more arguments that could make it even more credible.
    So Amun was an egyptian divinity and was also written jmn ,in the french version im-sama becomes ym-sama and in many languages the j is replacing the y, so I think the way the name is written is just a way for oda to hide his inspiration; and I'm pretty sure you are right about im-sama.
    So let's consider Im-sama is Amun.
    And fun thing to know Amun his now associated with the god Zeus (the greater of all god etc...)and if we consider that he is or posseses an Antic Weapon it would be legit. Indees the name of thes weapons are : pluton pluto , poseidon and Uranus ; and that maybe a bit farfetched but we need to imagine the repartition of these weapons and their symbolics. So first we know that pluto can be associated with hades and then we have a fratery between hades and poseidon. And it's important to know that the three brothers (Hades,Poseidon and Zeus) were ruling different parts of the world (sky,sea underworld) and I think that the antic weapons are distributed the same way. So shiraoshi is Poseidon (sea) we know it, (hypothetical) but for me the underworld can be associated w/ Teach so he may be/possess Pluto (underworld) and now the rulers of the sky in one piece are the tenryubitos and so his the one at their top (Ym) a perfect god, so I think he is/posseses uranus (which is associated to the sky as you said) aswelle as being himself as a character associated to another celestial god (zeus/Amun).
    I also wanna quickly highlight the fact that im-sama possesses a picture of Vivi and that Cobra is looking for a meeting w/ the Gorosei.
    Indeed Oda's ispired himself from egyptian culture for the Alabasta's arc and I think that this theory about IM-sama "being" Amun is according to the indirect link they have in the manga.

So let me know if you see some flaws, however huge thanks to Oda for writing such a rich and inspired story (i hope I'm mistaken in some parts event if it's credible). Sorry for the possible english mistakes (I'm french)

Villaine and gboxrkw like this.
  17. Hypeea

Expand Collapse

#17 Hypeea, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    sorry my first message was an answer to this
    So I totally agree with you, and with some researches (wikipedia only xD) I can give you more arguments that could make it even more credible.
    So Amun was an egyptian divinity and was also written jmn ,in the french version im-sama becomes ym-sama and in many languages the j is replacing the y, so I think the way the name is written is just a way for oda to hide his inspiration; and I'm pretty sure you are right about im-sama.
    So let's consider Im-sama is Amun.
    And fun thing to know Amun his now associated with the god Zeus (the greater of all god etc...)and if we consider that he is or posseses an Antic Weapon it would be legit. Indeed the name of these weapons are : pluto , poseidon and Uranus ; and that maybe a bit farfetched but we need to imagine the repartition of these weapons and their symbolics. So first we know that pluto can be associated with hades and then we have a brotherhood between hades and poseidon. And it's important to know that the three brothers (Hades,Poseidon and Zeus) were ruling different parts of the world (sky,sea underworld) and I think that the antic weapons are distributed the same way. So shiraoshi is Poseidon (sea) we know it, (hypothetical) but for me the underworld can be associated w/ Teach so he may be/possess Pluto (underworld) and now the rulers of the sky in one piece are the tenryubitos and so is the one at their top (Ym) a perfect god, so I think he is/posseses uranus (which is associated to the sky as you said) aswell as being himself as a character associated to another celestial god (zeus/Amun).
    I also wanna quickly highlight the fact that im-sama possesses a picture of Vivi and that Cobra is looking for a meeting w/ the Gorosei.
    Indeed Oda's ispired himself from egyptian culture for the Alabasta's arc and I think that this theory about IM-sama "being" Amun is according to the indirect link they have in the manga.

So let me know if you see some flaws, however huge thanks to Oda for writing such a rich and inspired story (i hope I'm mistaken in some parts event if it's credible). Sorry for the possible english mistakes (I'm french)

VegapunkRobin and gboxrkw like this.
  18. Trafalgar D. Mortyllien

Expand Collapse

Luffy, Vivi, Teach, Shirahoshi - they All have ties to the ancient weapons that's why Im wants them dead - my Guess. Also I think that Crocodile will have a major role in all this because he was the very first one to be interested in ancient weapons.

Hypeea and Villaine like this.
  19. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

By the way, I won't be surprised if Im is just as strong as Pre-Timeskip Usopp physically. Sure, it's kind of turn off, but CP9 and Buggy's Delivery are just some of the hints that it's possible. :tearsofjoy:

20. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

A lot of people are assuming 'Im' is a woman based on the silhouette. Well it's gonna be great if it's woman, but I don't think we can simply make an assumption based on just that. Because, well, you know Oda. Anyway, I'm liking your theory, about how you relate 'Im' to an Egyptian god. Amun was considered the King of the Gods, the creator god, who was the father of the pharaohs. Considering the possibility of your theory, the Gods might be the world nobles, and it kind of makes sense that 'Im' is the king. And since Amun was equated with Zeus in Greek myth, it seems plausible.

Though I don't think I like the idea of Uranus being in the hands of the WG, or that 'Im' is gonna merge with the weapon.