1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Why is He here?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Rexraptor, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Rexraptor

Pass on what you have learnt as a Simple Cell
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

After we completed our recent mission assigned by our boss I, @Behnam and @Storm chaser returned to our Organisation's Base and everyone was Worried, then our Boss( @Robin-Senpai Is The Best ) started to explain us what happened I was Stunned! Well at the beginning it was ok but as soon as she was reaching the end Slowly one by one every hair ended up standing in my body on listening the news sent to us by our trusted agent @Christina Choi.( don't take it in an other way )
    The main question we had in our mind was-

Why was Shanks-Sama At Marijois ?
    At a time like this when the Revolutionaries attacking the Celestials, Kaido-BigMom joining hands and The Reverie taking place?

So what do you think the reason might be?
    Give out your Opinions or Reasons!

At last I would only say it's better to buckle up our seatbelts 'cause Oda-Sensie is going to take us for an Unexpected Adventure.

Thank You

2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Shanks is at Marijois because he can

Kakarot1221 likes this.
  3. Rexraptor

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Boss-Swann What a lovely answer. XD
    ( no offense )

4. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The balance, is the most important thing in One Piece world, maybe every world. Gorosei and Shanks are both reasonable enough to talk even with that they are already enemies. They understand how this world does work and there must be somethings that are really a problem in the current era and Shanks needed to talk to Gorosei about it. I think the topic of their discussion must be one of these:

1. Black Beard
    2. The lurking legend who is going to appear at Wano ( Maybe Rocks pirates/person are/is going to return)

Mosshead and Storm chaser like this.
  5. Raftel Riches

Expand Collapse

These are the two popular theories/ opinions that I have personally seen. I have seen a blunt perspective on the question which presents a different Shanks than what we had thought. Simply put, the perspective would be that Shanks is actually evil and he went to talk to the elders about Luffy. While I don’t believe in this answer, nor do I make much sense of it, I believe it is a considerable option nonetheless. If I had to make my personal prediction, I would say that Shanks is going to talk about the captain of Rocks and the possibly connecting this specific pirate to Wano. This outcome would completely change the tide of the emperor’s current conflict.

Behnam likes this.
  6. Kulotsky

Expand Collapse

Maybe Shanks is a Celestial Dragon

7. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Too badass, maybe a former one?

8. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This is what I think too. Or, there is a third character, that we either know of, or not, that he wants to talk about.

Behnam likes this.
  9. Kulotsky

Expand Collapse

A descendant perhaps?

10. Rexraptor

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Descendant? Quite Formidable response. Good! Never thought of that, but yes might be, since you considered @Robin-Senpai Is The Best Chan's answer it might be true. XD

11. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

He is either a celestial dragon or a spy. The 5 elders would never meet with a pirate in the holy land. Even an emperor.

If shanks was a celestial dragon then thats that. He could do what he want.

If he was a spy...
    Gol D Roger turned himself in. But he was probably cornered before hand. So he made a deal with Garp to let his crew go and that he would let himself be captured.

What if Shanks was a spy who secretly fed the world government information about Roger and that it led to Roger being captured?

What if his mission now is to find and track down the carrier of the will of D that roger possessed? I always wondered why shanks let his arm get bitten of when he could have just easily saved luffy without losing it. Shanks said that he "bet" it. He wasnt sure that luffy possessed Rogers will of D, but he had a hunch. So he made a "bet" in order to have luffy owne him a debt.

Now when he is absolutely sure, he is reporting it to the 5 elders. Perhaps he will lead luffy into a WG trap and try to remain in the shadows.

12. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Tough they do say depending on translation '' we only made time because it is you'' or something. So I think cause Shanks is a peacekeeper, they are allowing him to talk to them.

No where does it say that the crew was cornered before Roger turned himself in. So the crew probally split either after, or before his execution.

13. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

#13 Fallen-S36, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Even if he is a peacekeeper, the 5 elders of the world government would never meet with a pirate. From what Ive seen, they would find it beneath them. Certainly they wouldn't be talking as nicely as they were. And thats the key

You are right. But nowhere does it say that he didn't.

Why not just make the announcement of One Piece himself as the Pirate King and die being surrounded by friends naturally? Wouldn't it create a better legend if he was never caught and died of natural causes? Wouldnt that inspire more people to become a pirate and go after one piece if Roger was never caught?
    Certainly he could have protected his wife and son.

It seems pointless for Roger to turn himself in to the marines unsolicited just to be killed. Even if he was going to die soon.

I think its obvious that he was cornered and to avoid shedding unnecessary blood and sacrifice members of his his crew, he turned himself in in exchange for his crew. It would make sense then, because he is dying anyway

It would make no sense for Roger to turn himself in unsolicited

14. Rexraptor

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

T_T Boi that can't be true.....

15. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Maybe he was betting on the fact that Luffy would wreck havoc in the New World and eventually take Shanks' place as an emperor or become the Pirate King. Which he did, well partially.
    As for Shanks being a Tenryubito, possibly.
    BUT I can saw this for sure: Shit's gonna go down

16. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

But why whould he sacrifice his arm if he could have defeated the sea monster easily without doing so? Its like he wanted Luffy to owe him a favor.

17. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Shanks is an emperor, maby he has proven to be a man they recpect enough. Since they already decided to meet him and talk to him.. :-D

Roger dispanded the crew before turning himself in. So WG couldnt hold any crew members to get him.

He didint choose his execution style.
    The WG intended to have Roger be publicly executed to discourage piracy, but his last words had the opposite impact.
    If he was gonna die somewhere without anyone knowing, I think that wouldnt have started the golden era for pirates. OP would be just another unconfirmed legend.
    Tough I do see what you are thinking with that idea.

Well, he had a disease that was incurable, and was gonna die soon. Maby that is just why.

I highly doubt it would have protected Rogue. If he were to continue to live with her, his enemies wouldve found them, not to forget the WG. Who found out about that island even with Roger dying.
    Rogue was already on WG's hit list. If Roger had died without surrending to WG, they wouldve gone after Rogue still. They knew about the baby.

18. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

Yeh. He could have disbanded after he was cornered and made a deal with garp to turn himself in

19. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think being the Yonko is the thing. Big Mom, Kaido and even WB were Yonko. Also, being a Yonko is what make them even more frightening for the WG and Gorosei. It's just impossible to let him go there. He is pirate, and he is the enemy of Gorosei, Marines and WG.

The only way that I can reason that “Only because it's you” with, is that Shanks who is a pirate and is fighting for freedom, is a reasonable man and he proved that with his actions to stop wars. Therefore, Gorosei would trust him not because he is a Yonko, because they know that Shanks is the only one who doesn't agree with war and he would do anything to prevent it. Gorosei and Shanks who are knowledgeable can easily talk and negotiate about the world's current sate. Since one of them is a Yonko who is holding the balance of world with his authority and territory, and the other side is Gorosei, who can control and use CPs and Marines and it's another side of this scale who is going to hold the balance.

Although they are enemy, they are reasonable enough to talk about the current situation of this world and hold the balance. Shanks has proved that he is looking for peace instead of war, as long as it's possible.

Storm chaser likes this.
  20. Urek Mazino

Expand Collapse

The reason i believe he is there is because of Blackbeard. I don’t think it’s Rocks because they literally just came up in the same chapter. I don’t believe Oda would allow them to be mentioned and have shanks talking about them in the same chapter just my opinion. I believe it’s Blackbeard an he is doing more than we’re being told. Shanks obviously has some kind of grudge with him because of the scars. But Blackbeard killed Thatch a yonkos crew mate , fought an captured the son of Roger, broke into Impel down an let loose level 6 prisoners who were supposed to be erased from HISTORY, attacked marine Ford with said prisoners, killed a yonko, stole said yonkos DF now having 2, got a former admiral on his side, has been going EVERYWHERE stealing peoples devil fruits through unknown means, destroyed the RAs former home base, then fought CP0. That’s honestly the most we know of pretty much any pirate doing in the short span we know, 2nd only to Luffy an we only see that because he is the main character i still don’t think the things he’s done stacks up to BB. I’m sure he is causing Shanks some kind of trouble.

I believe the gorosei are talking to him because he is a highly respected man. Unlike most pirates we’ve seen even other Yonko he seems to be the most laid back an doesn’t cause much trouble if any. It’s just a respect thing between them. I do believe Shanks has more to him than shown but nothing evil. I believe he doesn’t mind allying himself with an enemy to take care of another enemy/problem. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”. An that’s how i believe Shanks is working at this current moment. I think B.B. is doing more than we think he is an it will cause worldly problems that will effect everyone an not just the WG. Shanks realizes this an knows something needs to be done but he knows it can’t be done with his crew alone.