1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Why is there only 1 moon?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Fallen-S36, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

As you see, One Piece world consists of 7 celestial major bodies.

There should be 6 moons in the sky. Yet only one currently exists. What happened to them? Did they get destroyed?

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the other bodies aren't as reflective and don't show up at night except in certain locations or something?

3. Buggy D. Clown

Expand Collapse

Actually there's a reason why theres 6 moons. Try to read this.

4. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

I doubt that looking at the picture. Few of the moons are similar sizes. So its not like 1 is big and we cant see the other ones because they are so small. And there should be six in the night sky. Im thinking that they were destroyed or something.

5. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the moons had civilizations, Eneru found some. Maybe the World Government decided to be a jerk and kill those moons, but left one of them behind because it was too far away?

6. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

#6 Fallen-S36, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Maybe they got destroyed because they supplied some sort of power to some people, like the current moon does with Minks. So to destroy the source of that power, they destroyed the moon.

IDK. But its weird.

Another possibility is that if Celestial Dragons came from space, then during the war, those celestial bodies were destroyed by an ancient weapon(s). Maybe Uranus. Perhaps the reason why the one moon isn't destroyed because it houses the ancient weapon. Maybe that's why celestial dragons hate the ancient kingdom so much.

7. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It may have some connections among the history and Ancient Kingdom. But still we don't know much about it. But this fact that we have seen those moons for the first time at Ohara, it can be a hint that this moons are going to be somehow related to Ancient Kingdom before the current world. That's all I can say.

Fallen-S36 likes this.
  8. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

In my opinion there is only one proper "Moon" or, at the very least, the one we have always seen is the only satellite that looks lika a Moon.
    If you look at the other celestial bodies, you can tell that they have different shapes and sizes that would be hard to miss if viewable from Earth (is OP even set on Earth? :sweatsmile:).
    Every moon drawing in the story looks exactly like our moon and I reckon that Oda Sama intends to blow our mind (nothing new, right?)
    Anyway, I think that we will eventually find out about the other satellites...patience is fundamental if you read/watch One Piece.

9. Rexraptor

Pass on what you have learnt as a Simple Cell
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Well if you consider it astronomically there is only one moon and the other 3 are minor celestial bodies revolving around the planet and also have a moon or meteor around them. The remaining 2 are sort of Asteroids or Meteorological Bodies like that of Pluto.
    And once I find a much reasonable answer I'll let you guys know and thanks you caught my curiosity.
    Thank you

10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

As @Buggy D. Clown brings up, this has come up previously (with Oda not giving us answers as usual). We will eventually get some sort of explanation when the Enel return, the moon residents, Ancient Kingdom, etc. finally gets explained 6-8 years from now.
    The Tenryuubito are the royals of the original 20 countries that allied against the Ancient Kingdom. The only space people are the ancestors of the Ancient Kingdom.

11. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh mate no imagination...

Our Earth has 2 moons. Google it if you don't believe me. But 1 has super long orbit. Maybe its the same in OPverse.