1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

World Trigger

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Ebony Rustle, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    World Trigger
    - - - - - - -
    Synopsis
    When a gate to another world suddenly opens on Earth, Mikado City is invaded by strange creatures known as "Neighbors," malicious beings impervious to traditional weaponry. In response to their arrival, an organization called the Border Defense Agency has been established to combat the Neighbor menace through special weapons called "Triggers." Even though several years have passed after the gate first opened, Neighbors are still a threat and members of Border remain on guard to ensure the safety of the planet.

Despite this delicate situation, members-in-training, such as Osamu Mikumo, are not permitted to use their Triggers outside of headquarters. But when the mysterious new student in his class is dragged into a forbidden area by bullies, they are attacked by Neighbors, and Osamu has no choice but to do what he believes is right. Much to his surprise, however, the transfer student Yuuma Kuga makes short work of the aliens, revealing that he is a humanoid Neighbor in disguise.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Information
    Alternative Titles: World Trigger, ワールドトリガー
    Type: TV
    Episodes: 73
    Aired: Oct 5, 2014 to Apr 3, 2016
    Premiered: Fall 2014
    Broadcast: Sundays at 06:30 (JST)
    Producers: TV Asahi
    Licensors: Unknown
    Studios: Toei Animation

- - - - - - -
    I watched this before and am also updated with the manga (currently on HxH-style hiatus). Liked it and I thought you guys might as well. :)

Yuuzume likes this.
  2. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

From what you have written i'll have to give this a viewing and see how it goes, i'm struggling for a new anime at the moment

3. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The anime was quite enjoyable. I totally wished for another season.

ZakNik likes this.
  4. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

So how was it? :)
    Agreed. Except for the filler arc, I would love to watch the animation of the rest of the manga. So much epicness especially during the...nevermind. I might spoil it. :laughing:

5. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I watched this anime and it's amazing

6. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I've watched the anime and read the manga.I liked it a lot and wished for a second season or the continuation of the manga butI think that both have gone cold for the foreseeable future.

7. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s just as well. They didn’t seem like they were gonna continue the anime (it had been years and still nada) and I’m not a huge manga fan in general. The story has to pull me in first usually. I prefer the animations—I’m such a plebe that way lol. I’ve got a bunch of anime in my queue that I haven’t been in the mood to watch. Plus there’s a few series that I actually DO wanna read that I haven’t gotten from the library—ennui and all that getting in the way. But this one was super fun being reminded of it means I might find it again to watch again (just to have that left hanging feeling all over lol).

8. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Both have their pros and cons but due to the earlier release dates,I usually read the manga of many series and wait until many anime episodes pile up to watch them altogether.The anime of world trigger was more or less the same for me compared to the manga,meaning that both were very nice.But I wasn't too fond of the filler arc with Ergatis and Xeno.Then they pumped us up for the new addition to the team for the rest of the rank wars only to end the anime.The manga does go on a little bit more and offers some great action,so I hope that at least the manga keeps going.

9. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

For me it was a matter of what I was exposed to first and I was introduced to anime first. So, since they’re both visual media, then anime tends to win for me in terms of artistry and visual effects because there’s color, sound and motion. It’s fundamentally different to me than the difference between books and movies—there my preference is squarely reversed. But I digress—don’t let me go on about manga versus anime in general at least not here lol. It’s good to hear about this specific series. Someone else mentioned a filler arc. Having not read the manga, I’d not know the difference. Oh there’s always hope but you stated that it was unlikely and I simply agreed that it was unsurprising. As I stated, I should put it on my list to rewatch. Ushio and Tora is already there. Always need things to fill the time between OP besides actual constructive stuff. ^_^ I can literally only do so much of that.

10. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I was actually exposed to anime first too.I had to get used to switching from English dubbed anime from English subbed and to manga from anime in general.For me,whether I prefer the anime or manga version depends on the series.In general,I prefer anime but I prefer watching many episodes at once so I usually read the manga first anyway.

11. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah I prefer the subbed versions. The Japanese voice actors do a better job, to me of giving individual personality and characteristics plus I think the translations are probably better and I’ve learned a tiny bit of Japanese lol. I prefer to binge watch as well so I tend to be not watch newer anime until the first season is complete.

Yuuzume likes this.
  12. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nothing to add,totally agree with everything.

13. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The concept was good. But I actually didn't enjoy it that much.
    Art style was hard to get used to and was hard to relate to the character.

14. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

I was also quite bothered by the art style at first, but I got used to it eventually as I went along the anime and manga. With regards to the mc, Osamu, yeah he's reaaally hard to relate to. But just like the art, I got used to him later on as his character development started showing improvements, especially in the area of being the team's strategist.