1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Your Best Vacation!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Edinbour, May 5, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't get the chance to get out much, especially for a Vacation. Between finding the time, having the money, etc. BUT I am curious to hear some of your guys' great stories!

Where did you go? What did you do? :)

I have traveled a lot in the past but I think the best place I've ever been to was Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina (United States). This was back in August of 2014 (just a few months before I joined the forum). It was a literal Island Paradise. My friend and I got a small place near the beach for a few days.

The Island is about 2-3 hours (by Ship) off the Coast, so there are almost no Cars and zero pollution (they are very big on recycling and non-littering). We rented bicycles (for about $50) in order to travel, which to me is no problem. :)

One Restaurant there had some of the best BBQ food I've ever had and for a great price as well! There was also a "food truck" but it was in a fixed position next to the General Store. Eduardo's Tacos, and holy smokes, those were some great Tacos! :D

I also got to see some Dolphins jumping in the Ocean as well as some Crabs greeting me on the Beach. It was amazing. I didn't want to leave (but had to come home to Zevah).

Oh! And there was a Museum dedicated to the real life 'Blackbeard' Edward Teach because in the 1600's he used Ocracoke Island as his territory, so that was awesome!

When I become super rich, I'm definitely moving there with Zevah. If you live in America or ever travel here, I HIGHLY recommend visiting there. It's amazing.

So! Share some stories! Even if it was when you were a kid, or traveled on your own dime, it doesn't matter.

What was your best Vacation? :D

Robin-Senpai Is The Best and Kia like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I lived in Europe as a child. Literally spent my 5th birthday in Paris so I had lots of experiences that were normal to me that would be considered extraordinary by most people’s standards and I appreciate all of them—the respect for multiplicity and diversity that it gave me. That being said, some of my best vacations were the birthday trips that I used to take to the French Quarter. French Quarter Festival is a free music festival that celebrates local artists (unlike Jazz Fest). It’s got food, music, it’s in the spring before it’s sweltering yet when it’s nice and warm. I’d go alone so there was no one to answer to but myself. There was a fundraiser gala the night before it officially began so I’d attend that to do my drinking for the trip usually while hobnobbing with the ritzy folks. I’d get a tattoo from Electric Ladyland. My routine included café au lait and beignets from Café du Monde while watching the sunrise over the Mississippi then finishing my drink while watching and chatting with the vendors at the French Market as they set up for the day and then I’d head back to my place to officially get ready for my day. I met some great people including a close friend I still have who propositioned me a month or so ago but that’s irrelevant. There’s so much delicious food. I took Creole cooking classes—skills I still put to use to Karl’s and Laura’s delight. I hung out with the locals at their places instead of the tourist spots (a habit of mine—I detest behaving like a tourist). They actually told me where to go, it was fantastic. I discovered a bar called The Boondock Saint—well I was directed there by someone and became a regular. Yes the movie played constantly. Sadness. The owner just passed away last week. Just talking about everything makes me want gator sausage and a crawfish egg roll. I can’t have the latter but I did order the former and the mustard to go with it. However I don’t feel like thawing it out and I’m thinking of making red beans and rice with the last of it maybe. Alas, good times! One trip I even met up with someone I graduated high school with (big deal because that was in Belgium) and went to a strawberry festival. So much fun to be had. Just lying around listening to music, tanning, eating good food, doing homework (yes I did that (I was working on my Masters in Environmental Science back then). Alas, I’ve babbled long enough. ^_^

Edinbour likes this.
  3. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

A holiday is not only the place, but also the people you spend it with.
    A few years ago, I went to Ireland with a couple of buddies of mine. We arrived in Dublin and rented a van there. We rode all the way to galway (like 2-3h to cross the entire country looool) and partied there like all the galway girls would do.

After that we went to lac du connemara and blasted the song out our van speakers while waving with handkerchiefs and/or tissues and singing along.

We went south afterwards, and got to see some beautifull landscapes, castles and people. Never forget that guiness in Ireland taste completly different and absolutly better. We checked that.

Back in dublin, we cleaned out the car, and we will never forget the trip with the lads!

(Next roadtrip with the lads is this summer, but in Portugal!)

Edinbour likes this.
  4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

☆~Fashion~☆
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

St. Augustine was pretty awesome! There was a lot of historical sites to visit, along with a Wax Museum (fun fact I'm apparently taller than Hitler) and a Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum (where there was a sign that was written with the numbered part of Leet Speak and I'm disappointed that I had no trouble reading it).

Edinbour likes this.
  5. sweetjacky

Missing him :'(
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I didn't have that many vacations, pretty much just to England and here in Germany. I'd say my favourites were probably:
    When Sam visited me for the forst time and we met up with @Yumavo Cado and @Mapache. It was really fun meeting up and having our personal tour guide ;) Also going to the zoo together and playing table tennis together. That's a trip I'll never forget!

And also when I was in England and we went to Whitby. It was the first time I've been at the seaside and I loved it so much! Whitby is also a pretty town with some nice shops and the fish and chips we had there were delicious and fresh! :D

Edinbour and Kia like this.
  6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I used to go to Pennsylvania every year in August with my Grandmother and Father for "Family Reunions" at a really nice Hotel for the weekend. Of course it was nice seeing Family that I never get to see, but I loved it because it was a very nice Hotel. Indoor Pool, Gym, Sauna, Buffet, Mini-Golf, etc.

We used to bring one of my good friends along, Jeff, as well. His father and mine have been friends for over 40 years, so he's considered family.

Of course we haven't done a reunion in over 10 years because everyone (on my Grandmothers' side, besides my father) has passed away. It was always fun though, I would like to go there again at least one more time for nostalgia. If not, at least I still have the good memories :)