1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Youtube Team, Listen Up![Feedback]

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Bakugan2556, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Bakugan2556

Nintendo Enthusiast, Currently playing Splatoon 2
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

CLARIFICATION

Hey guys, last post until i take a break from the forum.
    To clarify, I AM NOT PERMANENTLY LEAVING THE FORUM, I am just going to take a break. As someone mentioned in my status, YES, I do have austism(and ADHD) and as such, i tend to get mad for little reason. I apolagize @Marco Polo, I do admit I was in the wrong on my last post, but I will still do what I planned(leave for a while)

With that out the way, let's begin.

Opf's youtube channel is interesting, but from my experience, it lacks alot.
    For example, I have watched a few of the channels vids, I noticed some stuff that bothered me.
    here's the vid I watched for you guys curious:

One of the things i noticed is that there are no images or anything really that caught my eye, this is problem #1
    As i mentioned, I have ADHD/Austism, and as such, i sometimes need a visual image to understand what is going on.
    As such, maybe add a picture here or there in your vids to give people like me a way to understand what your talking about?

COMPLAINT #2: rant-style episodes
    Another thing i noticed is the entire video is barely edited, most likely made in less than 30 minutes, making them look like a rant/cheap vid for views. Pretty self explanitory

Decided to make a short post to pass the time.

also, I"llllll BE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

bye

2. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

There's no need to apologise man, as long as you understand why things happened then everything's fine. Enjoy your break from the forum, and we look forward to having you back!

@Jawahib I'll tag you in here since this is mainly pointers for us, lol

We also want to throw pictures and such in to the video, and we've talked about it, but we don't simply because we don't want to get a copyright claim filed against the channel, which, for a small channel like ours, would probably shut it down for good. We've recently had our Facebook page, which @Owl worked hard to build for 5 years, that had an audience of over 375,000, taken down for presumably similar reasons, so we don't want to risk that happening to the YouTube channel as well.

We've already been questioned about our video making process recently, saying that what we do doesn't take any time at all, when in fact it's quite the opposite. The choice of topic, as well as the preparation for the topic discussion, can take anywhere from 2 days to a week of preparation beforehand, depending on how free the two of us are.

As for the point about editing, we used to do them in one, continuous take since it's meant to be a semi-structured discussion. However, Jawa has been editing for us recently (I think he's edited all our videos after that one) and he makes use of jump cuts etc. when there's either dodgy signal or long pauses, which makes the videos flow better, but still leaves most of the discussion untouched. Whilst yes, we plan a lot, we don't script write because we feel the discussion flows nicer if we have some freedom to improvise. It's meant to feel like you're listening to your two (very handsome) friends talking about One Piece more than anything, it's not meant to be formal in tone whatsoever. If it feels ranty, then I guess we're not very good at it yet, lol

Your feedback is much appreciated, and we'll take it into account for the next video, whenever it is.

3. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

We actually had our first YouTube channel taken down for that exact reason. :sweatsmile: That's the main reason why we chose to follow this path, if I recall correctly. Which I don't mind at all, we are a forum and I believe we portray that well in our channel since we just use it for conversations about our main topic. It's a different approach of what's being suggested in this thread but also one that I don't see any problem with.

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I completly understand what you are talking about but that might give us trouble in the copy right section. As the thumbnail itself is borderline.

as the others already said above me

5. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I was out of town when this was posted and forgot about this till now.

This has been addressed more than enough with copyright issues etc. Trust me man, the last thing I wanted to put up is footage of my ugly head (admittedly rescued a bit by @Marco Polo 's irresistibly sexy face), but it is what it is.

That said though, the number one appeal of the video should be the ideas that are flying around. When I'm recording, my number one focus is getting out as many ideas as possible and trying to get them out clearly so that viewers also have an opinion: maybe some will go "Wow I never thought of it this way" or "Thank GOD I thought I was the only one who thought that" or "Man these guys are retarded and here's something to prove them wrong". Get the engine going in their brains so they can think about these, want to discuss with us, and in the best-case scenario, make an account on OPF to discuss it with everyone else. The entire reason I joined One Piece forums (may FP RIP) was because of a Blackbeard theory I saw that got me feeling so strongly I had to have my say.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things we could add to the vids to make them better viewing, but these are more things to listen to, and I don't think we should try take any focus away from the discussion content.

They are what they are is all I can say to this. Marco already made the point that it can actually take up to a week to make a vid due to the planning and research that goes into them. If we both work as hard as we can it'd still take at least a day to schedule a time (which by default has to be crazily inconvenient for one of us) and do all the prep. I don't think either of us want to punch above our weight with these vids, so we're not trying to overdo anything in terms of editing or effects and ruin the ideas we're trying to get across. I doubt everyone (anyone) will stay 100% focused for the entire vid, but I hope it's something nice they can listen to in the background and tune in whenever something they find interesting turns up.

Thank you so much for the feedback man, the YT Team is always looking for ways to improve :D

Marco Polo and Grin like this.
  6. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I second this and hope you guys come up a video which also have some images with reference.

Why don't you use a note in the video description stating that images/clip used in the video are not owned by us and they are just used for representational purpose.

They completely belong to ''"

7. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

We did, but it didn't work. There's not really any room to refute anything, and it's almost certain that if we tried then our response would get printed by YT/Facebook and used as toilet paper. If someone puts a strike against you or you get reported, then there's not much you can do if action is taken against you. At this point, I agree with Owl and Marco that it's just not worth the risk.

8. dreamlovermimi

Zoro's Main Chick
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

9. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This theory video is using OP clips and images