1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Zeus Vs Promethus

Discussion in 'Battles' started by Rexraptor, Jan 8, 2019.

?

Who wins?

1. Zeus

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Prometheus

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Rexraptor

I'm not a Monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I was just Drooling about(Not really)...
    And seriously I thought The Battles Thread has gone silent for about a Month.
    I thought to of making it lively again.
    I started on my Journey for a Fight I had to review my Brain's Archived Files and I this Process I........... I........I also Me......I also had to melt My Brain Cells!!!

:oksaitama:

So, Let's get tp the Point.

What would happen if Charlotte LinLin's Two Trusted Souls
    Zeus and Prometheus

fought ? Like a Head On battle...[I know they Clashed... but an Official Clash.]

I'm Expecting a Fight Between them in the near future.....Like Prometheus Attacks Nmai-Senpai and Zeus Saves her and she bids her a Farewell(or Maybe not).

Express how you feel about the Collision of these two Different Elements, down.
    Thank You

Seiryu likes this.
  2. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Zeus would win.
    Prometheus is just a half god,low class:laughing:

3. Kia

Kia
    Wacky weeb witch
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Zeus would win. He can create cyclones thus hurricanes and could consume Prometheus in water no matter how large he became. Not to mention the rainstorms themselves. So long as he fights from a distance and avoids being evaporated himself which he can do with Nami as the strategist. Furthermore he can expand to super large size with the addition of eating a weather ball or two and this will boost his defense/powers. Thus, I still see Zeus as the victor. ^_^

4. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

Zeus will take it, he is definitely more powerful overall :)

5. Kia

Kia
    Wacky weeb witch
    Expand Collapse

The way for Prometheus to win is if they fight on land, Big Mom is able to keep feeding him her soul power to enlarge him. Zeus is unable to be fed by Nami and is cut off from feeding on Big Mom’s soul so cannot grow to his massive size. These factors would allow for Prometheus to dehydrate Zeus and his water abilities wouldn’t be effective. His wind generating capacity would only strengthen the flames so he would lose. (I wanted to think of all options—plus I do like fire lol).

6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Has Zeus produced rain? It was rainy with the natural storm, but Zeus was only the clouds over the middle of WCI (if I remember correctly, there were still storm clouds above him in that scene).

If we take out the rain aspect, Prometheus wins based on his aggression. They are essentially two logia users and without the water advantage, Prometheus is the better fighter (he's shown to be able to fight without Big Mom ordering him to do so). Even when angry, Prometheus barely does anything.

Rexraptor likes this.
  7. Kia

Kia
    Wacky weeb witch
    Expand Collapse

The storm wasn’t natural. It was created by the homies themselves at the behest of Big Mom because she was pissed off. I can go find where Cracker warned them about when she’d done it before and how she had the power because of Zeus to create storms. Plus how Prometheus gave her other weather powers. Just a minute. Ah here: upload_2019-1-8_16-3-59.jpeg Then when the storm happened, the people said that it originated at the chateau, Zeus and Prometheus were causing it. See below, I found the manga scenes just to verify that my anime memory wasn’t a misquote. ^_^ 3A3C535A-E16F-4106-B4EF-3FFE862A0DC6.jpeg upload_2019-1-8_16-6-48.jpeg Therefore, Zeus has the power to make rain. He’s making the rainstorm. ^_^

Seiryu likes this.
  8. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Zeus I think.

9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Zeus would win this one. :)

10. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think Zeus will win, high-diff.

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Ah, I think the anime had a different scene later where Zeus is below the natural storm they are creating in the later pages. There's definitely a scene where Zeus is covering most of the island (using his logia effect to get supersized). So my brain jumped to that scene and skipped over this one with the two of them creating the natural storm.

I do always nitpick with everything though (I think I can be objective enough to not care about any previous interaction with anyone on the forum)...so even though it rains later, Zeus is not the one controlling it. Moreover, the storm clouds producing rain requires Prometheus. He isn't going to help defeat himself. As far as the discussion goes, Oda (potentially on purpose) never shows Zeus controlling rain directly. Thus, this is a much closer match-up than people are voting for. Wind will strengthen flames if not strong enough. Thus, with two equal "logia" abilities, Zeus is at the disadvantage without rain. Lightning (his main attacking method) is a net neutral to Zeus' fire. On power alone, they should be exact equals to each other. Thus, the winning edge comes down to strategy/combat tactics both of which Prometheus is shown to be the more capable being.

12. Marco Polo

The Golden Jester
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

If Nami is using Zeus and Big Mom is using Prometheus, then Prometheus wins; Big Mom can transfer more soul energy into Prometheus as she wishes, and even though Nami is feeding Zeus, I’d still back the one on the Yonko’s side in this situation

Rexraptor likes this.
  13. Kia

Kia
    Wacky weeb witch
    Expand Collapse

If it’s this
    454B5706-1360-4C64-A03A-212C388925F1.png 454B5706-1360-4C64-A03A-212C388925F1.png 7CD87426-7149-412F-B225-1C33C2F10D4F.png
    That’s the clouds themselves forming at first which are taken to be a part of Zeus. Nami references him covering the whole sky when she flatters him, actually. But the fact of the matter is that he’s a cumulonimbus cloud that’s why he was referred to as a storm cloud in the first place; so he can produce rain from himself, as well as lightning. Or that’s my interpretation. Obviously I’m going from a translation and a drawing so it could be way off. We both like to nitpick things. I call it being analytical. ^_^

Wind/air obviously strengthens flames but using it to carry water (as in the case of creating a cyclone or tsunami) is an advantage.

@Marco Polo what do you think if they’re fighting solo? Just curious. I mostly considered this just the homies without their bosses.

Attached Files:

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Hmm...not quite. It was definitely more than anime more so than the manga and it's the only scene where we see Zeus grow to a massive size (even when he zaps Big Mom the two times, he isn't going all out like how we see Prometheus when he gets mad...but their sizes are about the same in these two scenes based on how big WCI chateau is).

However, we still never see Zeus directly use water. This is my biggest point. I think this is 100% on purpose because Nami + Zeus should be enough to fight Prometheus (alone) in the next arc. Luffy's defensive busoushoku is probably not enough to fight off Prometheus' flames if combined with Big Mom doing the physical aspect of the attacking (i.e. she should be able to do massive damage without using offensive busoushoku => thus her physical strength + busoushoku + flames screws Luffy). Thus, Zeus not having water on his own is a key point in that Nami has to trigger the current equivalent of a Cool Ball to trigger rain from Zeus.

Contextually, most of the key fighters will be significantly <100% with minor characters completely useless (they all have poor endurance so they will not recover to be of significant help against named Charlottes). So even though everyone in Big Mom's crew is weaker than all the new people in the 100 Beast crew, the protagonists will still be in equal fights and in some cases will need extra help (Nami giving the stylistic/elemental advantage). Oda definitely has some sort of short-term plan for Zeus, and even with it coming up in her fight(s) during Wano Kuni, I doubt it's anything for the rest of the series.