1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Zoro & Robin - Do they have romantic feelings towards each other?!

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Monkey D. Bufford, Jul 30, 2016.

?

Do you think, do they have chemistry between them?!

1. Yes, deifnitely!

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No, Not at all,

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Maybe.

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Maybe not.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Probably.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Perhaps yes.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Possible

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

#1 Monkey D. Bufford, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Yo guys! Here's a thing, what I've always wanted to share with you! So let's get started!

I know there is NO romance in the Straw Hats at all. But I and you guys are all keep finding this weird as I am. I'm not that kind of "shipper" as you think that
    But you know, there are always exceptions. Such as THEM!

In every each chapters and every each anime episodes revails that, Zoro is really cares for Nico Robin, not only as a friend or a "family member". He really does have feelings for her! But he can't just express to her!I was shocked, when I have seen THIS!!

[​IMG]

(One Piece - Vol 76. cover)

AND THIS!!

[​IMG]

(One Piece Vol. 78. cover)

And I thought "is that for real, Oda-san?!"

It seems it would be like Odacchi-san REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO MAKE THEM ENDING UP TOGETHER!!

The reasons are!
    1) Arabasta Arc (Ending) : - When Robin joined the crew, And she was questioning about "Is that ship is always so lively?"And when they looking in each other's eyes, Zoro answered "Yeah, it is." and he was just like for 10 seconds as if he doesn't know about anything, And then he's just saying "What the hell is with that woman?!"2) Skypea Arc: - When Robin was worrying about Zoro, he's getting cold, he just said, he doesn't need her help. "[That episode made me remind for that Dragon Ball Z scene, when Bulma was worrying about Vegeta, he'll be getting injured under the training. Vegeta shouted her head, he doesn't need her help at all.]"And when they fought with Enel, Zoro was the only one who caught her.

[​IMG]

(Zoro saved Robin from falling to the ground)

3) Davy Back Fight Arc: - When that fishman wanted to attack Robin, Zoro put his sword down to the ground with saying "Grilled or Boiled? Which one?"4) Enies Lobby Arc: -
    When Aokiji has shown up, The Straw Hats had to fight with him, And when Aokiji wanted to raise a hand to Robin with his Ice Saber, Zoro was the only one who saved her.

[​IMG]

(Zoro saves Robin from Aokiji)

When Zoro was fighting with Kaku and Kaku insulted him with Nico Robin, Zoro pissed himself off and released "Kyuutouryuu Ashura"
    And after they managed to escape from Buster Call, Sanji and Chopper whack his ass to make him apologize to Robin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Sanji & Chopper force Zoro to apologize Robin)

I remember in Bleach, Rukia did the same thing with Ichigo to apologize Orihime.

[​IMG]

(Rukia forces Ichigo to apologize Orihime)

In the end of Water 7, Zoro was carrying those 3 babies. And suddenly encountered with Robin. Then she said that "IT SUITS YOU"

That means a little chemistry shows between them!

5) Thriller Bark Arc: - When Sanji told the guys About Zoro's sacrifice for Luffy, Robin was heard them talking in secret, and then she said only "I see."
    6) Shabaody Islands Arc: - When Kizaru made Zoro incapable, Robin was the only one who could be able to save him, before he'd have been being killed by Kizaru.
    7) Fishmen Island Arc: -
    When Zoro wanted to fishing, Robin catched him in time and told him, it's too deep to go out.

During the Gyonkord Square-fight, Hyozou the blue-ringed octopus swordsman attacked Robin, but Zoro has interfered again.
    [​IMG]

(Zoro saves Robin from being cut by Hyouzou the blue-ringed octopus swordsman)

8) Punk Hazard Arc: - When Nami made sortition, whom should be going with Luffy, Zoro & Robin drawed the same as Usopp too.
    And when Sanji made a bento for them, Zoro was eating with Robin.
    And when Monet was attacking Nami & Robin, Zoro has done his usual thing, what used to do.

[​IMG]

(Zoro saves Robin being killed by Monet)

9) Dressrosa Arc: - When the battle has started, she's calling the others and when she hears or sees Zoro she's always be like "ZORO?!"

[​IMG]

(Robin calls the others - But she's always get surpised when she hears Zoro's voice and sees him.)

And when Zoro was fighting with Pica...

[​IMG]

(Zoro vs. Pica)

...Robin just "climaxed" herself! Get it?! She was L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y got wet!!
    When she saw him cutting that Pica statue in half and when Zoro said, he'll be the best Swordsman in the world. Robin just got smiled on him (not with that usual sarcastic smile!)
    So... That's all in a nutshell about it.

And about Zoro...
    • He doesn't have time for romantic bullsh*ts, because he's like Luffy, namely he's following his dreams.
    • But I'm sure he'll be getting together with Nico Robin, because Tashigi is just a nuisance for him, and he doesn't give a damn hell about her literally!
    • And one more thing for the very last time.If Zoro will live with Robin in the future, they will be like Vegeta & Bulma from Dragon Ball Z - just living together, having kids, and never get married in life.

Marco Polo, Kitsune Scarlet and Nerbs like this.
  2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oda is just teasing us for sure, just like how he teases us that Zoro and Sanji are somewhat near to Luffy's level (hence, the popular belief that Luffy belongs to the Monster "Trio" block of the SHP). Many readers who likes to ship characters will feel more excitement looking forward to see more moments of the 2. :D

3. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

And Robin might go with Chopper should they go in separate ways (of course, no romantic connection here). They both love knowledge.

4. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think it's just a coincidence that Robin takes care of Zoro. There are times when Robin takes care of Luffy sooooooooooooo, I don't think they have a special relationship or whatever. I just don't like to ship anyone together in the Strawhat Crew. And Zoro is a bit too dense to fall in love. If he does fall in love, it would be with Tashigi(not that i ship them). IT's my opinion though. And Robin is 10 years older than Zoro so i think they wouldn't be a good match.

onepiece222 likes this.
  5. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I like how you mention that Robin is "literally" wet for Zoro, that made me laugh
    This isn't an ecchi anime but if it was

"SANTORYU"

*Robin moans sexually while the "focus" is on her lady parts*

"Z-Zoro kun... Yame te.... Ya-me...

TEEEEEEEE!!"

*further explicit moaning*

6. AkainuWrrshiprr

One f*cked up Canuck
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

She...climaxed?:neutral:

*activates gear second then rushes to laptop to speed skim dressrosa arc*

7. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Robin about Zoro's 4th sword
    [​IMG]

8. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

Zoro: YONTOURYU OUGI: - EXTASY WORLD!! :zorolaughing:

9. Villaine

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

They have nothing in common xD. I am more for Robin x Franky or Robin x Law :D

10. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

Opposites attract! :laughing:

11. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

Yes they do have!

12. Villaine

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

^ What they have? I don't remember Zoro pursuing knowledge like Robin? :D

13. Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they have chemistry!!

14. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

they are both a bit loners (which can be said about every crewmember but still) they like to have some personal time to read or work out. So there mindset is quite allined.
    + they look cute together.
    [​IMG]
    but everybody has their ship and it's not that anybody's ship wil sail soon.

15. AkainuWrrshiprr

One f*cked up Canuck
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I am AkainuWrrrshiprrr, and I hereby ship Robin and Kin'emon.
    They shall henceforth be known as Robin'emon!!

Sengokuscrackers likes this.
  16. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Remember just because they are pirates doesn't mean they don't need to find enjoyment at sea, I'm pretty sure Robin and Nami know this, so there are somethings they might do. "How to destroy your views of characters 101". Franky, brook, and chopper are probably the only exceptions. Or maybe robin just does it herself her fruit is perfect for the job.

Edit: did I just type that?

17. Nerbs

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It's probably for the best that there isn't romance among the straw hats but I do have to say if I had to ship any of the strawhats, aside from the obvious pair of Usopp and Kaya, it would be Robin and Zoro. They do care for each other and have similar mind sets. They both normally to themselves. I doubt anything would actually happen but it is fun to fantasize about it. ;)

Like this fan art I came across on the interwebs! I don't know who made this to give credit to, but it's pretty cool! :)
    Nico_Robin_Zoro[1].jpg
    Also @Monkey D. Bufford I'm sure you'd love this moment from the TV special One piece Neverlandia.

:chopper:

Kitsune Scarlet likes this.
  18. Rogue

Most in love with Tashigi (Moman is a liar)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#18 Rogue, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Ew, a Zoro x Robin thread...

Everyone who ships Zoro x Tashigi with me will be given moderator status! :smilingimp:

But Robin is obviously leaning 100x more towards ending up with Franky. They were always beside each other changing clothes to match one another multiple times as we entered Zou. There is a reason why most Franky x Robin shipping post consist of content from the manga, while Zoro x Robin fandom looks at fan art and anime fillers. Zoro isn't going to end up with Robin because some woman 10 years older than him gets a minor shipping moment with him every now and again in filler of the anime.

Let's not forget, Franky even called Robin their sexy crew member. Not Nami, Robin. It's because she's around his age, so that's what attracts him. In the Z Film movie, that Oda wrote for, there was even a part where Usopp said the young Robin (Robin in her 20s) had everything back in the right place. Also, Oda said in an interview when asked about Zoro carrying Tashigi for a long time, that the heart of women is complicated, when replying to why Tashigi went from wanting to be put down to not be seen by her men being carried, to settling in.

Smoker and Tashigi will aid the Straw Hats in the end. If Tashigi truly wants all the legendary swords taken from bad people, won't she grow to admire Zoro for doing that to the likes of the Shogun from Wano? That "you're sexist!" joke won't last forever. I would say, if pairings were to happen in this series, that Zoro x Tashigi and Franky x Robin both have a much higher chance of happening than Zoro x Robin.

agustina0407 and Villaine like this.
  19. Villaine

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

^ Finally!!! I totally agree with you! Even LuNa will happen than ZoRobin :D
    Robin and Franky are around the same age and have similar interests so i is only natural to have attraction between the two :).

Tashigi is for Zoro!! :D

Rogue likes this.
  20. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

butbutbut he's a cyborg. Not that it stands in the way of ~_**^-LOVE-^**_~ (girls in background go "aaaaaw", yes even Tashigi), but still.

Not to metion, senior Franky's hard boiled behavior from dressrosa. I don't think Robin is going to be persuaded in such way. Franky is the cool uncle everybody wants but it's good to see him only a few times a year and not constantly. (I know they are all the time together on the ship, but just go with my flow).

it's true that they have a certain hobby that alligns which is the acient weapons and they had some sparks after ennies lobbie, but I think that within the crew Robin and Zoro are more matching. Both professional boutnyhunters/killers in the past that didn't trust each other in the beginning but slowly grew to each other. As we can see in skypea, in the firsr "battle" with aojiki,... these persons bonded very good within the crew.

Kitsune Scarlet and Villaine like this.