1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Zoro's eye

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by zororolinus, Mar 21, 2018.

1. zororolinus

Expand Collapse

Hi,

I believe Zoro definitely is cursed like Cavendish. The big different is that when the demon tried to take over Zoros body he realized he made a big mistake. I think Zoro threatened to cut out his own (the demons) eye if he didn't do as Zoro commanded . He might have promised to let the demon have some fun at some point as well, but on Zoros terms. I'm not reading forums much so sorry if this is already posted.

2. Glaze D. Bacon

「The Emperor 4」
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Demon? What demon?

3. zororolinus

Expand Collapse

The curse that possesses the user if a curse sword and take shape of something demon like.

4. Glaze D. Bacon

「The Emperor 4」
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You mean the demon inside the Kitetsu? So far we haven’t seen anything demon-like about it.

5. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This is interesting that’s why it didn’t cut off zoros arm because it felt he was fit for it to take over

It would be cool if he befriended it naruto style

bonchan_revolutionary likes this.
  6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I'm biased to think Zoro has purposefully closed his eye. From a pure science/real world perspective, his depth perception astronomically decreases, and his ability to fight at such a high level handicapped is training to make him stronger. Zaraki from Bleach did the same thing by having bells in his hair. The best thing for the crew is that Zoro is the only person to not even struggle at all since the time skip, which makes sense since he had the best "teacher" of the entire crew (in terms of current fighting capabilities since Rayleigh is past his prime).

7. bullhatz22

Expand Collapse

you could argue we have, as it could be argued that the cursed swords are the reason why Zoro can go Asura

8. SprkiSRB

The Fairy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That would be bad ass, but even more bad ass would what @Seiryu said.

9. FireFist×SABO

Expand Collapse

Zoro's closed eye has been a hot topic for me to discuss with people since it was shown. Having watched One piece for so long, i know Oda does not put things in like that for no reason.

I have heard alot of theories from, Mihawk challenged him to close his one eye and travel the sea, to it just got cut.

I refuse to believe that " it just got cut". I believe that Zoro possess a power in that closed eye, and when opened releases an overpowering paralysis or some demon force like what some of you touched on.

Something like the Sharingan from Naruto

10. Razeo

Expand Collapse

Putting my Zoro bias aside, the words in bold are also the same reason why I believe Zoro has some kind of hidden power in that left eye. My theory is once its shown it'll look like Mihawk's eyes (yellow color with a Rinnegan'sh pattern to them.)

I also think there's a reason why Mihawk's eyes look like that, I think Mihawk's sword is also cursed but over the years he's managed to control and subdue the demon residing in his black blade; with one of Zoro's swords also being cursed(Sandai Kitetsu) I think Zoro also went through the same ordeal during his TS training. Once the fighting starts in Wano i'm guessing Zoro will finally be forced to open that eye and reveal its true purpose whatever that may be.

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Considering the rivalry between Oda and Kishimoto (despite their recent friendship), I have a hard time thinking he does anything remotely similar to Naruto.

Although I like the idea of the curse manifesting in a beneficial way, the Mihawk aspect is probably just the character design to be similar to a hawk (i.e. Mihawk literally has eagle eyes).

I do think we get an answer relatively soon since Zoro has to be a key player in Wano Kuni.

12. Razeo

Expand Collapse

But wouldn't it be the other way around? Mihawk's first cameo was in Baratie in the 1st season of OP, long before Naruto even revealed the Rinnengan.

13. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

No,Zoro just cut his eye when he was trainning with those monkeys.
    Or maybe he trainned in a serious fight with Mihawk.
    He is human,and in this anime people power up with strenght and haki,and they can eat a devil fruit.
    They don't get cursed by demons.
    What makes Zoro special is that monster strenght he has even as a human,if he was cursed by some kind of demon he would have an advantage in power against his greatest achievement wich is be better than Mihawk.
    He can only do that through experience.

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Mihawk appeared in the manga first, but did not use any eye powers. Fans across the world would say that Oda is just copying Kishimoto. Just like Sanji's name was supposed to be Naruto (for the curved eyebrows), Oda will change this to avoid any overlap with at least WSJ series even if it was part of his original plan.

Storm chaser likes this.
  15. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Razeo Mihawk havent used any eye powers. he just has swirly eyes I guess. :-D

Wow, I didint know Sanjis name was supposed to be Naruto. I like Sanji more.

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, and Chopper was supposed to be a large (human-sized) country-bumpkin personality. Both changes were for the better and very last minute from Oda's description in the early SBS.

Storm chaser likes this.
  17. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that is interesting. Yeah, I think too these changes were for the best. Cant imagine Chopper like that. I really like him the way he is now.

18. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's just a normal scar.I think it's obvious that Oda won't just tease you without an acceptable purpose.Everything you see and everything you hear in One Piece has a reason. (Atleast most of it) and something that much obviously like his eye, I don't think it's gonna be just a normal thing.It must be something special as we expect from Oda.

Razeo likes this.
  19. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, Toei loses hundreds of millions of dollars on Chopper merchandise from the female fans if not for this random balance of nakama personalities (he was supposed to be the comedic relief with his strange personality). He was not cute at all from Oda's finalized character design.[​IMG]
    Oda's notes on the above: Chopper has his title of "doctor" and below that is "other idiot".

Storm chaser likes this.
  20. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They look so much different. Not that I would mind more idiots in the crew tough. xD

Seiryu likes this.